Alltran Health Services is a leader in the Revenue Cycle Management and Healthcare BPO industry. The compensation range is $13.00/hour - $16.00/hour with an additional incentive compensation opportunity of $.75 - $2.50/hour.
Alltran Health Services has been helping providers and patients/consumers resolve their HealthCare Receivable issues for over 22 years. They partner with top Hospitals, Clinics, and Medical providers to solve revenue cycle scheduling, billing, processing and accounts receivable issues.
- Cafeteria-style medical plan with HRA
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- Fitness center
- On-site wellness coordinator.
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Corporate discounts
- Community service opportunities.
Alltran has an opening for a Customer Service Specialist in our Health Services business unit. Working under general supervision this position provides revenue cycle services to existing clients by telephone. Responsible for gathering patient information needed to provide services such as, customer service, insurance resolution, and self-pay balance resolution. Work will be assigned in the client’s record keeping system as well as Alltran’s inventory management system.
- Reduce outstanding accounts receivable by managing self-pay inventory
- Analyzes accounts for proper billing procedures and takes necessary action to rebill/resolve as necessary.
- Determines whether patient or insurance should be contacted for payment by reviewing account history and notes on Alltran’s inventory management system as well as the client system.
- Contacts the patient by telephone via the predictive dialing system or off system to help patients/customers with current balances on their account and to follow through with the payments until the account is paid in full. Utilizes tools, including computer programs, when indicated
- Provides excellent customer service and timely response to questions and issues related to benefits, billing, claims, payments, etc.
- Reviews and analyzes insurance Explanation of Benefits to determine patient responsibility, adjustments and write-offs and handles each situation accordingly.
- Recognizes billing issues (pre-certs/no-auths/timely filing/urgent requests) specific to the client and understands the necessary process for resolving them.
- Inputs, retrieves, and modifies information and data stored in computerized systems and programs; generates reports using computer software
- Explains charges, answers questions, and communicates a variety of requirements, policies, and procedures regarding patient financial care services and resources to patients, staff, payors, and agencies
- Other duties as assigned
No Experience necessary
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
- Creative and likes the challenge to solve a situation and bring it to resolution.
- Goal oriented
- Knowledge of patient billing claims process
- Ability to communicate with patients and families under sometimes stressful circumstances
- Strong and professional telephone communication skills
- Experience with electronic health record or similar software program
- Knowledge of payor programs
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principle job elements essential to the job.
Alltran provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Alltran does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation